Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

inc111
Frequent Visitor

A secure connection is required for authentication. Please contact your network admin

Hi all,

Whilst trying to publish PowerBI report from Desktop to Web, I encountered the above error. I've checked the the trace file by going through the instruction listed from here: www.docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-troubleshooting-sign-in#non-https-url-redirect-not-support... but can't identify any errors.

Does any one know exactly what need to be done by network admin to enable me to publish report from Power BI Desktop to Web?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @inc111,

Did you get this error while you tried to sign in the Desktop? If so, Please check out if the redirect URL starts with HTTPS. The authentication will be redirected to your organization. Please refer to On-premises-data-gateway-sign-in-Receiving-quot-Non-HTTPS-url and the snapshot below.

A_secure_connection_is_required_for_authentication

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @inc111,

Could you please mark the proper answer as a solution? Or share the solution with us?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Apologies for the late reply, our group IT team is still checking this. But I'm pretty convinced that what you described above is correct. 

Will update this chain if a solution is implemented. 

Thanks,

Thank you, @inc111. That's very nice of you.

Best Regards,

Dale

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @inc111,

Did you get this error while you tried to sign in the Desktop? If so, Please check out if the redirect URL starts with HTTPS. The authentication will be redirected to your organization. Please refer to On-premises-data-gateway-sign-in-Receiving-quot-Non-HTTPS-url and the snapshot below.

A_secure_connection_is_required_for_authentication

Best Regards,

Dale

Thank you for the reply @v-jiascu-msft. Will check with my group IT

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.