Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raymond
Post Patron
Post Patron

A data model with two tables and two slicers

Hi Guys,

I have yet again an Issue. A now very simple data model with two fact sheets. I want to use slicers and buttons in order to filter the data. The values for the slicer should come from 2 different tables.

This is the model: I know right now it is not correct as the results show on the second image. 

1.JPG

Here you see which tables should be used for the slicers. However, once I put Impressions into one matrix, the values are not correct anymore. Compare it to the seperate tables. 

2.JPG

Sample Data to Download:

Click

The big question: how can I achieve it to make it filterable and at the same time maintain these tables. This is a mere simple model, I should be more complex but the issue is always the same. 

5 REPLIES 5
raymond
Post Patron
Post Patron

I played around a little bit and created a unique key with which it seems to be working. However, does this model, that looks like a loop make sense. Would that be a best practice approach?

Sample File

2018-09-07 10_18_34-Test2 - Power BI Desktop.png2018-09-07 10_18_45-Test2 - Power BI Desktop.png

Hi raymond,

Yes, this issue is because you have set both direction, change it with single direction can remove the loop. So your second solution can resolve this issue. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Is it then common practice to solve it like this or are there more elegant ways to do so?

Hi raymond,

The issue is because the relationship direction, so change the direction of table relationship is the best way to solve it.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Mhh I attempted that as a first step but couldnt achieve the wanted resulted throughout all the wanted visualisation. Either one was working or the other but not the both. I am not sure though if I did it all right. To me it seemed as if this way, setting a unique key for each category, was the only way to achieve the results. 

Can you recommend a good explanation about the workings of the direction of table relationships?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.