Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anas_am_01
Regular Visitor

A column from table A can not Filter/slice another related table B

Hello all,

I have a Slicer based on a column in the "Product Table" (red one) , i want to use this slicer to filter another column in the "SenarioFields Table" (green one), As you can see in the data model , i have an intermediate table between them, with BOTH direction filter , and for the cardinality , it is based on the business rule..

The problem : The Product_Name in Product Table CAN NOT filter a column in SenarioFields Table :

DATAMOD.png

as you can see below, i should get 34 % instead of 100 % :

satamodel.png

1 REPLY 1
MarkLaf
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It is difficult to assist you without further info on the following:

• Calculation. We see you have a desired percentage output, but how are you calculating the numerator? Denominator? What tables are your values suposed to come from?
  • Model. Your screenshot has cut out tables, which are most likely impacting your results. There is at least one other table to the left that is filtering Scenario and perhaps more if you are turning on bidirectional filter direction a lot (bad practice except in particular scenarios as it creates ambiguity in table relationships and can lead to unexpected behavior (except in 1:1 relationship where bidirectional is natural filter direction))

My best guess is that there are relationships from other tables impacting your results. This is a shot in the dark given minimal available info, but you can try wrapping your measure in a CALCULATE that removes any filters from Scenario other than Products:

Calc Products Filter Only = 
CALCULATE( 
  <Measure>, 
  REMOVEFILTERS( Scenario ), 
  CALCULATETABLE( Products, REMOVEFILTERS( Scenario ) ) 
)

Also, you may want to confirm if your relationships and measure are working as intended without interaction from the rest of your model. You can check by copying your pbix and then removing all other tables besides Products, Scenario, and Scenariofields. I'll note that if it's just those three tables with relationships as you've shown, then the filter from Products should propogate as it looks like you expect: Products --> Scenario --> Scenariofields. If this isn't working then you most likely have a mistake in your measure or perhaps set relationship between wrong columns in the table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.