Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

A circular dependency was detected

I have this error message that I'm not quite understanding:

1.PNG

I have an inactive relationship between this table and a date table:

1.PNG

The column it's complaining about is a calculated column that is simply this:

1.PNG

Which I've used in this formula:

1.PNG

I'm attempting to do things this way because establishing a direct relationship between these two tables is throwing off other calcuations and formulas I have built through other tables that it is connected to. How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you have this error by creating calculated colum? Why not try with measure? 

If you do have the error with creating a calculated colum, you could have a reference of this similar thread which has been solved.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you have this error by creating calculated colum? Why not try with measure? 

If you do have the error with creating a calculated colum, you could have a reference of this similar thread which has been solved.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-piga-msft I've figured out a workaround. Thank you for the link to this thread!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.