Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

80%-20% pie chart

Hi there,

I have created a measure that calculates the no of events that occurred. Now I want to show no events that occurred in different areas of the town using a pie chart. I used Area code as legend and no of events occurred as the value in the pie chart and it created following visual:

leo_89_0-1603915737153.png

I want to change this pie chart into an 80%-20% look so that it only shows the name of area code and their proportions that makeup 80% of total incidents and shows the remaining 20% as 'others'. Is there any way of doing that in Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Dear   @Dunner2020 ,

Based on your description, you can create a Cumulative events column as follows.

Command:

calculated events =

SUMX(

FILTER('Sheet1','Sheet1'[no of events occurred]>= EARLIER(Sheet1[no of events occurred])),

'Sheet1'[no of events occurred]

)

AB =

var

cal_percent=DIVIDE('sheet1'[calculated events],SUM(Sheet1[no of events occurred]))

return

IF(

cal_percent<= 0.8,"80%","Others"

)

Result:

v-yuaj-msft_0-1604278346559.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Dear   @Dunner2020 ,

Based on your description, you can create a Cumulative events column as follows.

Command:

calculated events =

SUMX(

FILTER('Sheet1','Sheet1'[no of events occurred]>= EARLIER(Sheet1[no of events occurred])),

'Sheet1'[no of events occurred]

)

AB =

var

cal_percent=DIVIDE('sheet1'[calculated events],SUM(Sheet1[no of events occurred]))

return

IF(

cal_percent<= 0.8,"80%","Others"

)

Result:

v-yuaj-msft_0-1604278346559.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Dunner2020 - In power Query, you can create a custom column and group the rows based on some logic (Others/Non Others). Use this new column in your pie chart and it will divide the chart in 2 groups.

Hope this gives some pointers,

Cheers,

-Namish B

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.