Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

6 Consecutive Points either increasing or decreasing in the same direction

Hi Experts

See attached PBIX file which a Super Userw member Greg Deckler help'd out with in completing the first step. Now i am trying to find 6 data point that increase and decreasing in the same driection . Greg focused on 6 data points above or below the average.

See image

Capture.PNG

I believe according to Greg's notes the answer lies with the  "__Diff". I cannot figure out the final DAX in order to make this work. 

Sample File

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7i6dny63titwpr/Trendspotting.pbix?dl=0 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , When I opened your file. Lost with few measures you have. I think you need to check six months 6 consecutive points on  [No Trend Measure].

I am thinking of to approach like assume Diff % using this month vs last month

Rolling 6 = if(CALCULATE(sumx(values('Date'),if([Diff %] >0,1,blank())),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date]),-6,MONTH)) =6 ,1,0)

for any month this is 1, it means growth for the last 6 month.

same way for < 0

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit

not sure that is going to work, unless you can proof me wrong. I need to plot this 6 incresing and decreasing points on the line graph and demonstrate this. 

Can you kindly update the PBIX file if that is the solution to the question in hand

@Anonymous , You are looking at this for  [No Trend Measure]?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit - I am looking for up and down and no trending measure for 6 consective point either up or down...as per screen image provided. thanks

@Anonymous , When I opened your file. Lost with few measures you have. I think you need to check six months 6 consecutive points on  [No Trend Measure].

I am thinking of to approach like assume Diff % using this month vs last month

Rolling 6 = if(CALCULATE(sumx(values('Date'),if([Diff %] >0,1,blank())),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date]),-6,MONTH)) =6 ,1,0)

for any month this is 1, it means growth for the last 6 month.

same way for < 0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit 

Can you plot these point on the line graph and or identify the 6 consective data points??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.