Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hilllander
Frequent Visitor

(500) Internal Server Error, unable to connect NAV 2017 on-premises using ODataV4 from PBI Desktop

Hello all,

After take 2-3 days to find out about error connection while using PBI Desktop connect with customised NAV 2017 database via OData Feed (both Windows & NavUserPassword login). The error still display below:  

Details: "Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed:

OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error has occurred.)
OData Version: 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error has occurred.)"

Windows Authenticate

Anyway, there's different situation when I change database to standard Cronus. It can connect succuessfully (both PBI and NAV installed on same machine).

Hope someone give me a hand on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here what I've tried this morning.

- Reinstall NAV 2017 to reset everything back to default.

- Install On-premises Data Gateway (personal).

- Disable some page and query on NAV Web Services that I think they might have some error content (e.g. custom fields).

Woohaaah!! now I can make a connection on PBI Desktop successfully.

PBI_Desktop.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hilllander,

Do you get error when using the Microsoft Dynamics NAV content pack to connect to your data source? 

What authentication method did you choose? Generally, the content pack is used to connect to online Dynamic NAV, and only Basic (Username and Password) authentication is supported. Please change Windows Authentication to Basic for a test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Had tried with Basic authentication method. No luck, still get the same error. 

I also attach the diagnose log for you analyze. 

Here what I've tried this morning.

- Reinstall NAV 2017 to reset everything back to default.

- Install On-premises Data Gateway (personal).

- Disable some page and query on NAV Web Services that I think they might have some error content (e.g. custom fields).

Woohaaah!! now I can make a connection on PBI Desktop successfully.

PBI_Desktop.jpg

Hi @Hilllander,

Have you had any kind of error anymore after these steps?

Elisa

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Just connect PBI desktop with NAV on-premises in same local server via OData feed connection (using NAV web services function). I've tried both Win Auth and Basic but still not working. The error is not occured while use Cronus db.

Thanks,

Hilllander

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.