Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

4.44E-16 Calculation Error

Dear Community,

within a measure that compares one value (current week) with an other value (previuos week) I´m getting an confuse error showing a value "4.44E-16".

Opening that data point as a table it´s correctly shown as 0.0.

Could anyone help to understand where this is coming from?

Thanks for your support,

Alex

4.44E-16.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If the data format of measure/column is scientific then make it decimal and check

amitchandak_0-1602227259679.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak ,

value is already set as decimal number.

Error is the same, showing already 4.44E-16

BR, Alex

@Anonymous ,

Could you please share some sample data so we can test at our side. If possible to Just share the Prev and Current Values of the error row.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tahreem24 

I could but that makes no sense, both are "0".

I have removed the measure from the table and put back in, now it´s showing correctly.

Any ideas? Don´t want to do this step every week...

Maybe it´s something within the measure thats calculating across 4 different files (?)

Best regards, Alex

@Anonymous ,

Handle your division with IFERROR.

Measure = IFERROR(Prev/Current,0)

SO when there is any error like infinity in division so it will execute the second parameter means 0.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Tahreem24 

don´t know if this will fix my issue cause it´s already in the measure...

Let´s see how it works next week.

Thanks for now!

Regards,

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors