Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BeeEyeNoob
Advocate II
Advocate II

3CX v15 Phone System integration.Any attempts made out there?

Has anybody had any luck coming up with an elegant(or not) solution to PowerBI and 3CX v15?

7 REPLIES 7
Mezmarianne
Helper I
Helper I

Did you find anything for 3CX? I have access to the database and can get all raw data out - but could really use some inspiration on how to present it.

Hi,

I would be interested to see what sort of access you have to the 3CX tables. I'm currently doing some PowerBi with output from a IPCEs phone system.

Tracking number/time of operators

Calls per inbound DID/Queue

then by date/hour etc

Even after a successful connection to the Posgresql dB and powerBI ingestion, the data scheme of the database was too complicated for me to determine simple things like call times- although it does seem possible, just don’t have time.

What I recommend instead:
Locate the “Reports” folder on the 3CX server - this is the folder that every web generated report is stored.
Log into the 3CX web server and schedule a CSV report to run as often as you see fit.
You should see the CSV reports in the 3CX server folder you found earlier.
Write a vb script and save it in the Reports folder that looks for your file, and copies it to a one drive directory.
Naming your reports with a very unique name helps find the file in the VB script if you are searching the file name.
Setup windows task scheduler to execute the Vb script you wrote as often as you need.
Employ Power bi gateway in personal mode and point it to the same onedrive directory

This allows for more “reporting” than “dashboarding” as the built in 3CX dashboard suffices for our needs.

Thanks for the quick reply!

What credentials did you use to access the database - I might have a bit of a poke around.

Ideally we would be after 5 min updates (as we have now)

I'll also look into the automated report as you suggeted.

for 3CX v15:

The credentials to access the 3CX database via pgAdmin can be found in the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file. Section QMDatabase provides the credentials for a read-only account, whereas section CfgServerProfile provides the database admin credentials:

[CfgServerProfile]
;configuration server connection to database
;exclusively used by configuration server
DBHost=127.0.0.1
DBPort=5480
MasterDBUser=phonesystem
MasterDBPassword=XXXX
MasterTable=phonesystem_mastertable
DefFile=Objects.cls

[QMDatabase]
DBHost=127.0.0.1
DBPort=5480
DBName=database_single
dbUser=logsreader_single
dbPassword=XXXX

Source: http://www.toughdev.com/content/2018/05/3cx-call-control-api-on-3cx-phone-system-version-15/

The database logon credentials can be found among the last few lines of the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file located in the C:Program Files3CX PhoneSystemBin folder:

[CallReports]
USERNAME=logsreader
DATABASE=phonesystem
PORT=5480
DRIVER=PostgreSQL Unicode
ReadOnly=1
SERVER=localhost
PASSWORD=*******************

Source: http://www.toughdev.com/content/2013/10/accessing-3cx-call-data-record-cdr-postgresql-database/
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@BeeEyeNoob,

You may start from Samples for Power BI.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.