Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DolEgon22
Advocate II
Advocate II

31 Days of Log Analytics Data

We're using Power BI to visualize data from Azure Log Analytics (using the M query export feature in Log Analytics). The workspace we are using is set to keep 62 days of data. When I query the data in Log Analytics, I see data up to 62 days old. 

However, in Power BI, I am only getting 31 days worth of data.

I have even updated my query to include:

| where TimeGenerated > ago(62d)

This doesn't do anything--I consistently only get 31 days of data. 

Also, this is happening with a large dataset (93000 rows) and a small dataset (9500 rows), so it doesn't appear to be a row limit. 

Is this a limitation in Power BI? Is there a way around it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Found the issue--query was pointing to a development workspace. Smiley Frustrated

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DolEgon22

According to this article, For the Standalone or Paid tier, data collected in Log Analytics is available for the last 31 days.

Best Regards

Maggie

Here is the rowcount when using 62 days in Log Analytics:

loganalytics62.png

Here is the M query for Power BI:

mquery62.png

...and the resulting rowcount in Power BI:

mquery62_2.png

Found the issue--query was pointing to a development workspace. Smiley Frustrated

OK I'll clarify--we're using OMS as the data source. While this is technically Log Analytics, it can be configured for data beyond 31 days, which we have. Power BI does not see data beyond 31 days even though the query has no time limit set. In fact, even if I set it to:

"timespan"="P62D"

I still only get 31 days. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.