Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

30-60-90 days visualization

Hello everyone, 

It's my first time working on a Power BI report and I really appreciate all the replies and conversations here.

Question:

Is there a way to visualize 30-60-90 days on the dashboard? I would like to be able to create "cards" and when you click it, it just shows all projects starting in the next 30 days ... so on and so forth.

306090.jpg

Any help/advice would be appreciated! 

Thank you!

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You can use a relative date (visual level) as suggested in the last solution or create a formula like these. But for that, you need to have Date table.

Rolling 30 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH(Sales[Sales Date]),-30,DAY))
Rolling 30 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],max(Sales[Sales Date]),-30,DAY))  

Rolling 60 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH(Sales[Sales Date]),-60,DAY))
Rolling 60 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],max(Sales[Sales Date]),-60,DAY))  

Rolling 90 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],ENDOFMONTH(Sales[Sales Date]),-90,DAY))
Rolling 90 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date],max(Sales[Sales Date]),-90,DAY))  

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :
https://radacad.com/creating-calendar-table-in-power-bi-using-dax-functions
https://www.archerpoint.com/blog/Posts/creating-date-table-power-bi
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Proud to be a Datanaut Connect on Linkedin

Daviejoe
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi,

are you wanting to use the cards as 'Buttons' so once you click on the 60 day card you'll be presented with all projects starting in the next 60 days?

You can create the 30, 60 & 90 day cards as text boxes then place a button over the top of the visuals.  Then set the button as a bookmark.  Use the date filter, set the filter type to Relative Filter and save a different bookmark respectively for 30, 60 & 90 days with the data you want to display.  Set a button over each card with the respective bookmark.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Daviejoe ,

This is awesome! Apologies for my very noob question, but how do I save a bookmark on the Power BI desktop? I managed to create the 30-60-90 text boxes and places a bookmark on top of each day. I also have a go live date table beside it and was able to choose RELATIVE is the slicer type. Now I'm stuck. 

Thanks again!

Patrick

Anonymous
Not applicable

THIS SOLVED IT! I needed the buttons 101 so this is awesome!

Thanks everyone! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.