Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srivally
Helper I
Helper I

3 months rolling based on the Year and Month Slicer selection

Hello all,

I am working on 3 Months rolling data in a line chart visualization.
For example, if I select 2006 year then I should get cumulative total for last 3 months(i.e, October, November, December).
If I select 2006 year and November month, I should get September, October, November cumulative Sales.

Here I have created a measure, which is getting last 3 Month Sales total. But I want as cumulative of last 3 Sales for each month.

Reference Data:
Year   Month   Sales  Rolling
2006  Sep        10      10
2006  Oct         30      40
2006  Nov       30       70

I have attached my .pbix file in the  following link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6o0sy2e2ruuxl4e/Rolling.pbix?dl=0
Please help me on this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @srivally,

Please refer to the steps as below.

1. Create a new calendar table in your PBIX and create required columns (Year,MON,YearMonth,Running Total1) in this new table.

calendar table = 
ADDCOLUMNS (
    FILTER (
        CALENDAR ( DATE(2004,01,01), DATE(2013,12,31)),
        DAY ( [Date] ) = 1
    ),
    "Amount", CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Sales[Net Sales] ),
        YEAR(Sales[Date.Date])=YEAR(EARLIER([Date]))
            && MONTH(Sales[Date.Date]) = MONTH ( EARLIER ( [Date] ) )
    )
)

Running Total1 = CALCULATE(SUM('calendar table'[Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('calendar table'[Date],LASTDATE('calendar table'[Date]),-3,MONTH))

2. Create the measures as below.

running total of selected yearmonth = SUM('calendar table'[Running Total1])
running total of whole year = CALCULATE(SUM('calendar table'[Running Total1]),FILTER('calendar table','calendar table'[YEAR] in {MIN('calendar table'[YEAR]),MAX('calendar table'[YEAR])}&& 'calendar table'[MON]="December"))
Measure = if(ISFILTERED('calendar table'[YEAR])&&ISFILTERED('calendar table'[MON]),[running total of selected yearmonth],IF(ISFILTERED('calendar table'[YEAR]),[running total of whole year]))

3. Then we can get the result as below.
1.png

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5bt0uzab1c3qwk/3%20months%20.pbix?dl=0

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft

Here, we are getting the result like, if we select July month I'm getting the cumulative total of May,June July and displaying only July Month cumulative total. But I want rolling to display as for May it should display MaySales, for June Month cumulative of May and June, for July it should display cumulative of May, June and July by selecting only July Month. 
If I do not select any month then it should display Oct month Sales, for Nov cumulative of Oct and Nov Sales, for Dec cumulative of Oct,Nov and Dec.
And here I should select only single month and it should display 3 Months.

Regards,

Srivalli

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.