Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 datasets which each represent a quarter

I have tree different excel datasets which each represent a quarter. "2. quarter 2019", "1. quarter 2019" and "4. quarter 2018". 

Each of the three datasets contain information regarding a specifik product, which has a specific title, where the title is the same in each document. So lets say the product "T-shirt" is the color "green" in 2. quarter 2019" and then "yellow" in 1. quarter 2019 and "green" in 4. quarter 2018. I would like to show the change of this in some sort of diagram. 

Likewise the amount of products has gone from 200 to 210 to 205 which I would also like to depict in a waterfall diagram. I have made a collumn in each spreedsheet called "amount" which just has the number 1 in each row so it can count each product. Likewise i have put the date 1/3/19 (2. quarter 2019) in each row as well. 

But my excelspreedsheets just dont work together and Power BI doesn't recognize that each sheet is a different quarter. 

Please help

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to combine your three datasets, you can refer to this article: Append vs. Merge in Power BI and Power Query.

Or, you can use Union.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.