Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Table Relationships does not work

Hey guys, hope you are doing fine and could help me with an issue that I dont understand.

I have 3 excel tables which I hae uploaded on Power BI (3 different tables, therfore 3 different queries)

My goal is to use it for analysis gathering different information from different sources to create a robust dashboard about the status of deliveries (Information are spread out in different excel files so  I want to gather then).

What I have done so far:

1. Uploaded the tables

2. Created a key in each excel table in order to have an unique number to create the relationship

Key: Sales Document + material row + Material name

The issue is that it seems the relationship is done but when I create 3 tables in the dashboard they don't seem to filter the information of the others....For example below there are 3 tables from the 3 different files

1PBI.JPG

But when I click in one of them the others remain the same instead of fitlering the information in the others (filtered highlighted in yellow)

2PBI.JPG

So before keep developing this dashboard I need to know how to make then work at same time so when someone want to consult one Sales document let's say then the other info will be automatically shown in the other tables. Relationshps seems to be working accordingly to the table below:

3PBI.JPG

Anyone knows how to solve it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Change Crossfilter direction to "both" on all of the relationships.

image.png

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
adityavighne
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

double click on relationship arrow and make it both side.

it will work as per your request.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

I did it but did not work.

It open the tables for edition and then if I do the other way round it just overlaps what I did before. Does not make a correlation....

Also shows me that:

4PBI.JPG

Maybe I should I change something here?

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Change Crossfilter direction to "both" on all of the relationships.

image.png

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.