Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Guils

3 SAME calculations, 3 DIFFERENT results / mixing measures, variables and calculated table

Hello PowerBI Desktop community,

I am trying to calculate a DSO KPI by exhaustion method without using a massive CROSSJOIN... (and avoid having a 20 millions rows table...)

Among all the steps I have, I am having trouble at a specific one. I have the feeling I am using the same calculation but actually I am having 3 different results... : 

• var_1 => variable calculated from a SUMMARIZE
  • var_2 => variable calculated from a simple CALCULATE
  • var_3 => measure calculated from a CALCULATEDTABLE and SUMMMARIZE

My expected and the right result is var_2Unfortunately to go furher into the calculation I would like to have var_1 or var_3.

Please find the .pbix here:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/9ab8d678da594ec26a403ad6ce7758eb20190607214623/0ed5d9

Hope it will be enough to explain my issue. If  not, don't hesitate to ask for more questions....

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Guillaume

1 REPLY 1
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

there are actually quite different calculations, so the differences are expected

the model seems a bit chaotic what exactly do you want to achive here?

values in from REV summed in EUR, based on a exchange rate from TAUX? would having a Revenue column in EUR solve the problem? it may be easier to achive in the Query Editor, as you can do joins on multiple columns there

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.