Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

novotnajk
Resolver I
Resolver I

2nd CrossFilter Help Needed - Find All Other diagnosis when a particular diagnosis is selected

Hi Again!

I have two crossfilter questions out there - this one pertains to crossfiltering a patient's medical record.  What I want to accomplish is to select on a diagnosis in the table and show other diagnoses that patients also have.  For example, if I choose Diabetes, a filter will show all other conditions that those with Diabetes have.  I have tried this crossfilter, but it does not work:

Cross Filter Medical Cost = IF(ISCROSSFILTERED('Filter Diagnosis Description'),VAR __CCFiltered = SELECTEDVALUE('Filter Diagnosis Description'[Diagnosis Description])RETURN CALCULATE ([Med Spend CP],
CALCULATETABLE(SUMMARIZE(MASTER_PATIENT, 'MASTER_ID'[Patient ID] ),CROSSFILTER ( MASTER_PATIENT[Diagnosis Description], 'Diagnosis Description'[Diagnosis Description], None),USERELATIONSHIP ( MASTER_PATIENT[Diagnosis Description], 'Filter Diagnosis Description'[Diagnosis Description] )), FILTER('Diagnosis Description','Diagnosis Description'[Diagnosis Description]<>__CCFiltered && 'Diagnosis Description'[Include in Calc] = "Y")),[Med Spend CP])
'Diagnosis Description'[Diagnosis Description], None),USERELATIONSHIP ('MASTER_PATIENT'[Diagnosis Description], 'Filter Diagnosis Description'[Diagnosis Description])), FILTER('Diagnosis Description','Diagnosis Description'[Diagnosis Description]<>__CCFiltered && 'Diagnosis Description'[Include in Calc] = "Y")), [Med Spend CP])

Any help?  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi novotnajk,

If possible, could you please tell more detailed information (such as your sample and your desired output)? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@dax 

Thanks for helping me out!  I've attached two screenshots, one for the medical claims table and the other for pharmacy claims table (the data inside is de-identified and not with real individuals).

What I'm trying to do is the following:

1)  If I click on Acute Suppurative Otitis Media (as an example), I want to have a graph show me the pharmacy claims for anyone with that condition.

2)  Conversely, if I click on Levothyroxine in the Pharmacy graph, I want a medical graph to show me all medical conditions for individuals taking Levothyroxine.

rx.png

A final output might look something like this:  If I show just cardiovascular medical conditions, and decide to click on one of them, the table below will show me all of the prescriptions patients take who have the selected medical condition.  If I click on a pharmacy name, the same would apply to the medical condition table.

sample.png

Forgot the medical table.

med.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.