Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

24 hour based gantt

HI, 

I have table with tasks done by staff, and each task has field Start_Date_Time and Close_Date_Time. As all tasks last just few hours and finish same day, I would like to display that in gantt chart but with hours on duration axis. Advice please how to do this. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick answer, 

As there is no visual for hour based gantt, I created matrix with additional columns for hour based status.  Formula example is 08 = IF(AND(HOUR(SCHEDUAL_TBL[START])<=8;HOUR(SCHEDUAL_TBL[CLOSE])>8);1;BLANK())

It would be interesting if Measure could be created with hours column headers, and having same result as one using new columns, and we can always use R solution http://community.powerbi.com/t5/R-Script-Showcase/Schedule-view/m-p/69026/thread-id/43

2016-10-31_10-43-33.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MichMatt
Advocate I
Advocate I

I know it's been a few years since this question was posed and answered but I am having the same problems and came across this post. I found a visual in AppSource called as Timeline that allows you to create a Gnatt chart with hours/mins.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

There is no Hour type for current version of Gantt visual. Please vote this idea here to make it possible in future version.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick answer, 

As there is no visual for hour based gantt, I created matrix with additional columns for hour based status.  Formula example is 08 = IF(AND(HOUR(SCHEDUAL_TBL[START])<=8;HOUR(SCHEDUAL_TBL[CLOSE])>8);1;BLANK())

It would be interesting if Measure could be created with hours column headers, and having same result as one using new columns, and we can always use R solution http://community.powerbi.com/t5/R-Script-Showcase/Schedule-view/m-p/69026/thread-id/43

2016-10-31_10-43-33.png

Creating matrix seems to be a good alternative. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.