Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

2017 October Update:- How to create toggle buttons?

Hello All,

I have seen the video of the october update.

And i found something very interesting that 

at 15.29 min of this video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jksjtR8GnBE

By author Amanda Cofsky mentioned about toggle buttons to change the visuals.

But she didnt shown how did she created those toggle buttons.

Is it a slicer? or Is it a custom created?

Can anyone suggest me please.

it will help me a lot.

Thanks,

Mohan V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It is explained earlier in the video: https://youtu.be/jksjtR8GnBE?t=9m48s

She used two images, one with scatter selected and one with matrix selected. Let's call them image scatter and image matrix.

Image scatter is linked to a bookmark with following settings in the selection pane:

- shows matrix visuals

- hide image scatter

- show image matrix

Image matrix is linked to a bookmark with following settings in the selection pane:

- shows scatter visuals

- hide image matrix

- show image scatter

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
lembke

Hi there - I am able to link Toggle 1 to Bookmark 1 but when I go to link Toggle 2 to Bookmark 2, Toggle 1 automatically changes it's link to Bookmark 2 also. How do I get separate links for each bookmark? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdaamirkhan @PaulDBrown @Ola @Anonymous @ShashankKalluri

Hello All...thank you all for your comments..

Here is the best solution to create toggle buttons..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Thanks,

Mohan V

Thanks alot

ShashankKalluri
Frequent Visitor

I am eager to see how Amanda has created the dynamic toggle image. Unfortunately, it is not yet been solved in this thread conversation. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It is explained earlier in the video: https://youtu.be/jksjtR8GnBE?t=9m48s

She used two images, one with scatter selected and one with matrix selected. Let's call them image scatter and image matrix.

Image scatter is linked to a bookmark with following settings in the selection pane:

- shows matrix visuals

- hide image scatter

- show image matrix

Image matrix is linked to a bookmark with following settings in the selection pane:

- shows scatter visuals

- hide image matrix

- show image scatter

this doesn't solve how Amanda created or downloaded the toggle button.

In the video I saw there image which work as toggle button. Where I will get this? and how to hide and unhide using image ?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Link to power bi file

Here is an example on how to set it up. Take a look at the selection pane and bookmarks.

Kristoffer

ok, I have share sample pbix file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxreilNC4AvsZHNjQlY1TmJYYXM

There are two chart one Matrix and other is Table. How will replace Martix with Table hide and unhide ? if you can help on this on my sample pbix file and share with me.

@mdaamirkhanHere is your file with the toggle activated. I have had to use a different toggle button because I couldn't save the one within the file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhGKDZz6e4HegitJG1JCXFMAqpxr

Hope this is what you need.

Best regards,

Paul.

PS. please let me know when you have downloaded the file so I can delete it from the cloud.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks I have downloaded the file.

Hi everyone,

Having played around and implemented the "toggle" feature, I've come up with an issue (I have reported it in the issues forum but have little hopes it will get noticed). 

Imagine you have a page in a report with visuals which you can "toggle" between as we have been discussing. Now include a drill through field. Go to another page where the drill through field is present an apply the drill through. Up comes the page with toggle options and drillthrough filter correctly applied. BUT, when you trigger the "toggle", alas the drill through filter disappears. And indeed disappears completely if you toggle back and forth. Can anyone else reproduce this?

There is of course a logic behind all this, because when you set up both bookmarks you are saving the visual and filter settings. The drill through filter is respected on the "toggle landing page", but when you activate the toggle, I guess it reverts to the saved settings defined in the bookmark.

It would be great if the drill through filter were respected when toggling back and forth. 

I would really appreciate if anyone could prove me wrong!

Regards,

Paul.

Paul on Linkedin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, it works great on PBI Desktop, but I when I publish my report, I'm unable to switch between one dash and the other with the bookmark feature. I click the toggle button and nothing happens.

What is the issue ? if you share the pbix file it will be good So i will have a look 

@mdaamirkhanThank you for offering to help!

Here is your file, but modified to include two pages: "Drill Through" (DT) and "Toggle between table and Matrix" (TBTM).

Example of Drill through to "toggle page"

If you go to the DT page, select a channel by right clicking and choosing drill through to TBTM, the TBTM page opens up with the drill through filter coming from the DT page (based on the field selected). However, when you toggle to the other visuals, the Drill Through filter disappears, and indeed it is also missing if you toggle back.

What I am saying is that if you have a "toggle page" as a drill through from other pages to dive deeper into data, the ideal behaviour would be that the drill through filter be kept when "toggling back and forth". But it doesn't.

Hope my explanation isn't too confusing!.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Paul.

Paul on Linkedin.

Hi 

Can you please share file it been corroputed 

@mdaamirkhanI have just tried downloading the file and it works fine on my PC. Did you download it?

Thank you again for helping. BTW, I am getting attention in the issues forum on this, so I will continue with the discussions there. If you are interested, this is the thread:

Drill trough issue thread in "Issues forum"

Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks a lot I am re-downloading the file and I will see that. I am also interested 

Drill trough issue thread in "Issues forum"

Disclaimer: I am not a graphic designer, as you can tell, but...

If anyone needs a couple of toggle buttons (left/right) please feel free to use these which I created in Photoshop.

Any suggestions on improvements are welcome.

All the best,

Paul.

Toggle Left Button

Toggle Right Button

PS. they have transparent backrounds.

Paul on Linkedin.

How I create a Toggle

The trick here is to

1. Upload two images - Toggle left/right (see the reply above)

2. Turn on/off the visibility of the two images - thereby creating a Toggle effect.

3. Use two Bookmarks - as two saved scenarios - and click and jump between the two Bookmarks.

Toggle button sample.pbix (download) - link to reply above

1: The Image

Menu: Home, Click the 'Image' button

1. Upload a normal image (see the reply above)

2. Change Link to On.

3. Change Back to Bookmark

4. Select the bookmark to use (we create them below)

2: Selection pane - toogle image visibility

Menu: View, Click the 'Selection Pane'

Toggle what to show in the 'Selection plane'.

Next, we will save that scenario under the Bookmark pane.

3. Bookmark pane - save two bookmarks

Menu: View, Click the 'Bookmark Pane'

Set scenario 1 and save it as Bookmark1

Set scenario 2 and save it as Bookmark2

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.