Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 slicers synced, using 1 table with 2 columns

Hi all,

I have a master table for units with an id and two columns, each column is the name of the Unit for each system. As you see in this master table we only have 1 difference that is the id=1 where system1 is Europe and system2 is "Europe excl Gib" but they are basically the same Unit, just 2 names. For all the other Units, the name is the same in both cases.

Then we have 2 tables with totals per Unit(Id). I have 2 pages, each page per each system with a slicer and table with the totals in each page.

The 2 slicers synced using the same group name "Units" so this is great because they are synced but not filtering each other. This behaviour is what I´m looking for and it applies for selections where ids have same system names.

The problem comes when choosing Id=1(Europe/Europe excl Gib) in any of the slicers, then in the other slicer(the other page) it is added into the slicer the name that is different and doesn´t give me any result in the Totals table, eventhough it should because still id=1.

My original idea was to select Europe in page1, showing results of Europe and on page2, have the slicer with Europe Excl Gib and showing results for this unit 

Although I think is not possible to resolve, would be highly appreciated if anyone could solve it or give me a workaround.

Leave the .pbix in the link below

.pbix link

Thnx in advance,

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test, when you sync the slicer using the value of System1_UNIT from page1 to page 2 firstly, it will be filter the value of Europe excl Gib correctly. Instead of setting up a slicer for each page, then resynchronizing.

Remove the slicer in page 2 -- > sync slicer from page 1 to page 2.

1.png2.png

https://microsoftapc-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/v-xuding_microsoft_com/EXI3MEbmqitEpKL4Xz4dlbEBLgvoCOn92Pra9lqdkAofwg?e=bJndve

Best Regards,

Xue Ding 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for response,

I´m sorry but requirements says that in Page 2 we need the slicer with names for System2 eventhough the results show System2 unit which is correctly but users will use the slicer and it is an audience that knows system2 naming and not system1.

Thnx anyway

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.