Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dewiethedeck

2 or 3 level x axis categories - how to?

Hi there, 

I am trying to build a clustered column chart on Power BI desktop, and am running into trouble with the parameters I am adding to the X Axis section.  Specifically, I'd like to include 3 levels on the X axis -> country, office and fiscal year.  I am able to add them to the presentation but the defaul behavior is to only show one value at a time, and then requires drill down / drill up between the levels. 

How do I configure this so I can 2 or 3 of the levels simultaneously in a nested format?  On Excel pivot table charts connecting to the same data set, I can nest them on the same graph, so that Country acts as a container for the Office items, and then each fiscal year is an attribute of the Offices. 

The closest I've been able to find in Power BI is the Expand next Level option in the Data/Drill group, although this flattens the series, and cancels out the intention of showing the items in a heirarchical order that they are added to the Axis section.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dewiethedeck

Got it - there is an option called 'Concentrate' in the x-axis options that removes the flattening effect.  Thanks ot all.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dewiethedeck

Got it - there is an option called 'Concentrate' in the x-axis options that removes the flattening effect.  Thanks ot all.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.