Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reh169
Helper IV
Helper IV

2 date ranges for data

I am currently working with a large data set and I am using created date as the driver for the majority of my reports. Currently created date spans from 01/01/2016 to current day but will be including much more history soon.  The way I have the data set up wtih measures now is to look at this year and last year based on the year of the creation date. Now I am being asked to be able to filter the data to one set of time and compare the second set to that first one. Meaning If they set the first set to 1/1/2016 to 5/1/2016 they want to compare it second set of data on the same graph of 1/1/2017 to 5/1/2017. So what I did was create a copy of the created date and give them seperate names and update the measures to look at the different date sets and then  use those as my filters to adjust the data. So Created date 1 and Created date 2 on the same graph for time frames that are the same months but for different years. When I did this and updated the measures that the graph is based on the graphs went blank. My data set is to large and diverse to create a key to link it to a duplicate of itself and I am not out ideas. I tried to have a year and a quarter filter but was told that was not ideal for what was wanted being that they want more flexability in being able to pick date ranges to compare.

20 REPLIES 20

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.