Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sjh5959
Regular Visitor

2 DirectQuery Summed in a Calculated Column in Combined Table - Not Summarizing in Matrix correctly

Hi, I have two DirectQuerys that are combined into a Combined Table, and then a simple sum between two columns in a Calculated Column (MTMDelta + ADJUSTMENT).

Adj MTM Delta = 'Combined Table'[MTM Delta]+ 'Combined Table'[Query1.ADJUSTMENT]

The Data is correct in the Calculated Column, but then once the data is in a Matrix visual it is not summarizing correctly. The output will be like $1,000 + $0 = $12,300,000. It appears that this is because a Calculated Column cannot take a filter properly. I am using a filter of COB_DATE= [date]. I cannot simply create a Measure and skip the Calculated Column, because the underlying data is two DirectQuerys. Is there a way around this bug in the visual?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sjh5959 

Can you share a short sample? There are some differences in the display of matrix and table. I am not quite sure about how does the bug you mentioned look like in a matrix. Or you may just use the Table visual instead.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sjh5959 , that seems strange. First of check data type of both the base column and the new column. They should be decimal or whole number .

If need a create a measure and try

measure = sum(Table[Adj MTM Delta])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.