Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

_AJW_
Regular Visitor

2.87.684.0 64-bit (November 2020) breaks Smartsheet data connector

Hi,

Does anyone know how to report a bug to the Power BI Desktop development team?

Since updating to Power BI Desktop 2.87.684.0 64-bit (November 2020), I can no longer refresh data from Smartsheet or establish a connection to Smartsheet.

On initial refresh or when trying to establish a connection to Smartsheet, I get the message: "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel".

I also get a message that my Smartsheet credentials are not valid (organizational account using Microsoft SSO). From PBI desktop, when I try to sign-in to Smartsheet again or as a different user, I can get as far as allowing PBI to access Smartsheet data, but everything ultimately fails with the message "[Access denied] Power BI is unable to complete the login process".

I am 99% sure this is an issue with Power BI Desktop 2.87.684.0 64-bit (November 2020) as my colleagues are experiencing the same issue. Also datasets pulling on Smartsheet that are published to Power BI Workspaces appear to have no issue connecting to Smartsheet and refreshing their data as expected.

I have tried multiple installs / uninstalls of Power BI from the Microsoft Store as will as a direct download (x64 installer). I can reproduce the issue on multiple machines (professional & personal) and when connected with different networks (corporate, home, and public).

Any thoughts, help, or validation that others are experiencing the same issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-AJW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, It was a problem with Power BI update. Use this workaround which will resolve your case:

power bi SSL.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, It was a problem with Power BI update. Use this workaround which will resolve your case:

power bi SSL.png

Thanks, it was checked and sloved by unchecking it 

Fadiodeh
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue, did anyone manage to solve it, please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been facing the same issue from last Friday. This throws the error "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel" while I sign in to my MS account in Power BI Desktop too. I believe this could be a bug with Power BI.

Have also checked my network connection which was doing well in the past. Any help in this regard would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sujeeth

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks! @amitchandak

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.