cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orion88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, after upgrading to the above version, i was not able to launch my Power Bi. I have already tried un-install and re-install the s/w but it is not successful. I am on Win10 enterprise OS. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Orion88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power bi Unable to start after upgrade to 2.54.4970.961

Hi, my PowerBi was.not able to start after i upgrade to the above version. I got a long error msg starting with "Resolution of the dependency failed........" I am on Win10 Enterprise OS
I have alrrady tried un-install and re-install the s/w but to no avail. Can someone advise? Thanks in advance.
Orion88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: 2.54.4970.961

Can anyone help me please? My IT ppl do not support this app as it is not the standard s/w that they deploy. Only my office is using. Currently 2 of us are using PowerBi but we are very new to it as well. Really appreciate if someone can advice anything...Thanks
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@Orion88,

You may check Resolve issues when starting Power BI Desktop.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Orion88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am not using any of the on-premises data gateway.Anything else that i need to take note of? Sorry as i am very new to this. Thanks

Orion88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, is there any other advice? I am open to try anything, short of trashing the workstation
Really appreciate as i am not able to do my work since last week. ☹
Orion88 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I just downloaded the latest version that was released this month but i am still getting the same error when i try to start the Power BI. Please help...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 536 members 4,326 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: