Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anthea
Frequent Visitor

100% clustered column chart in Power BI?

Hello, I use the clustered column chart in a lot of my dashboards, but I cannot see one that can be used when the value is a %. For these I'm using the 100% stacked column chart but the clustered would be much better. Can anyone advise how to create a 100% clustered chart? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anthea,

Do you want have Year and month on your X-axis? In this case use the 100% stacked column chart and place both year and month on tyour x-axis you will get an hierarchy that will allow you to have both years and months on the same chart.

year.png

month.png

If you double click the year it will give you the months for the select year, if youclick on the last arrow it give you the image on the bottom with all years and months.

Read this documentation regarding the hierarchy use, this works for all type of visuals.

Regards.

MFelix 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anthea,

You can use the % on any of the charts you have, so if you had the % column to a clustered bar chart it will give you the results you need:

clustered.png

Top chart is categories in legend bottom is categories on axis, however you can also have values on both axis and legends.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anthea
Frequent Visitor

HI M Felix, thanks for the response.

When I try this using the Clustered column chart it converts my data to a % but so that the totals across the x axis total 100%, rather than each value totalling 100%.

On my attached example the green columns across the months total 100%, however I would want the amount in January to total 100% (between those that are 'yes' and those that are 'no')

Capture.PNG

This is how it appears when I do the 100% stacked column which is how I would like it to appear as it gives the right percentage values, however the benefit for me of using a clustered chart is that I can then show the values across different years in the legend. Is that possible?

Capture.PNG

Many thanks

Hi @Anthea,

Do you want have Year and month on your X-axis? In this case use the 100% stacked column chart and place both year and month on tyour x-axis you will get an hierarchy that will allow you to have both years and months on the same chart.

year.png

month.png

If you double click the year it will give you the months for the select year, if youclick on the last arrow it give you the image on the bottom with all years and months.

Read this documentation regarding the hierarchy use, this works for all type of visuals.

Regards.

MFelix 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anthea
Frequent Visitor

Great thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.