Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

100 % Stacked bar chart

Dear All,

I want to come up with a 100% stacked bar chart view as in the attached screenshot.

Can anybody suggest what is the most efficient way of doing it?

2020-01-20_16h33_57.png

Data structure provided on the left of the visual.

Thanks for any help in this topic.

Kind Regards,

Adarsh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you have any specific column that you use as ID? If yes I would split your model in two table one with all the Portfolio information that you will not unpivot and delete all the columns A to I and a second table that would be the ID column and the unpivot of the A to I columns then linked both tables by the ID column.

To calculate the status you would use the 2nd table and for the rest of the setup the other table.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

You could refer to above suggestions, choose all columns in Edit Queries->unpivot columns, then use meausre to get it or use M code to get count. You could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @dax, thanks a lot for your additional input. But what could I do in cases where there are additional columns and I have to use filter?

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

On the query Editor select columns A to I and unpivoted then you will get two columns with attribute (A to J) and Value (status)

Now create a 100% stacked bar with the following layout:

• Axis - Attribute column
  • Legend - Value Column
  • Value - Count of attribute.

Should give expected result.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot @MFelix  for this elegant solution.

I have follow up question to this solution. My database has couple of other columns, and when I unpivot these selected columns within the table a lot of extra rows are created. Also I wanted to filter based on the column in the sheet? How can I do that?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Making the unpivot of columns what you do is to create lines instead of columns, so this will increase the number of rows and the data from the other columns that are not unpivot will be duplicated as many time as columns you have. Be aware that depending on the type of information you have associated with your data you may need to have measures or calculation done in a different way so that the information is not multiplied by the many row you have.

When you are refering to filter by a column what do you mean, I cannot see any filter column on the image.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix ,

Sorry for not providing the entire data set.
For example I have a Portfolio column here, i want to use this as a filter.

Also, each record represents an application. Unpivoting increases the number of these records and I get a wrong count.

2020-01-21_14h30_56.png

Is there any other way of getting this done?

Kind Regards,
Adarsh

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you have any specific column that you use as ID? If yes I would split your model in two table one with all the Portfolio information that you will not unpivot and delete all the columns A to I and a second table that would be the ID column and the unpivot of the A to I columns then linked both tables by the ID column.

To calculate the status you would use the 2nd table and for the rest of the setup the other table.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for this. Now i can get the exact visual I wanted. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.