cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nss1977 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

100% Stacked Column Chart, How to hide one group of percentage values and maintain same calc

I'm using the 100% Stacked Column chart visualization for my data.  I have two groups of data organized by month. For example:

January Group A: 70%, Group B: 30%

February Group A: 60% Group B: 40%

March Group A: 50% Group B: 50%

etc. 

X Axis is the Month and Y Axis is the Percentage

I need to hide the percentage values from Group B from the graph so that it shows Group A percentage rate on a monthly basis.  However everytime I hide Group B the percentage calculation for Group A jumps to 100%.  Any way to prevent this from happening.  Struggling big time with figuring out a solution or workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 100% Stacked Column Chart, How to hide one group of percentage values and maintain same calc

Hi @nss1977

Why not create a calcualted measure that shows the percentages of the group (not the sum) and I think that will give you want you need.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 100% Stacked Column Chart, How to hide one group of percentage values and maintain same calc

HI @nss1977

Why don't you just use the normal stacked column chart with the Y axis fixed to range from 0 to 100.  If your measures are percentages and always combine to 100% (when both used) then the two charts will be the same.

However in a normal stacked column, if you have your measures normalised to percentage, if you hide group B, then Group A shouldn't stretch to 100%

Proud to be a Datanaut!

nss1977 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have a table of data where the records can be divided up into Group A and Group B.  My PowerBI chart is calculating the percentage that belongs to each group for each month.  

When I switch to a normal stacked chart then it just shows the total count of records for Group A and Group B for any given month.  I'm looking for the percentages.

Hi @nss1977

Why not create a calcualted measure that shows the percentages of the group (not the sum) and I think that will give you want you need.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

nss1977 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

PERFECT!  This worked!  I get the percentage value by creating a measure.  These can now be displayed on a standard stacked column or line chart without any filtering issues.   

My chart displays numbers with a single decimal place.  Is there any way to append a "%" sign to the calculated values shown on the chart and two decimal places?

Highlighted
AdrianLee Visitor
Visitor

Hi, Can you show how to do the calculated measure? I am facing the same issue. To hide part of a stacked column without changing the overall percentage. Need help here. Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,241)