Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nss1977
Frequent Visitor

100% Stacked Column Chart, How to hide one group of percentage values and maintain same calc

I'm using the 100% Stacked Column chart visualization for my data.  I have two groups of data organized by month. For example:

January Group A: 70%, Group B: 30%

February Group A: 60% Group B: 40%

March Group A: 50% Group B: 50%

etc. 

X Axis is the Month and Y Axis is the Percentage

I need to hide the percentage values from Group B from the graph so that it shows Group A percentage rate on a monthly basis.  However everytime I hide Group B the percentage calculation for Group A jumps to 100%.  Any way to prevent this from happening.  Struggling big time with figuring out a solution or workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nss1977

Why not create a calcualted measure that shows the percentages of the group (not the sum) and I think that will give you want you need.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @nss1977

Why don't you just use the normal stacked column chart with the Y axis fixed to range from 0 to 100.  If your measures are percentages and always combine to 100% (when both used) then the two charts will be the same.

However in a normal stacked column, if you have your measures normalised to percentage, if you hide group B, then Group A shouldn't stretch to 100%

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I have a table of data where the records can be divided up into Group A and Group B.  My PowerBI chart is calculating the percentage that belongs to each group for each month.  

When I switch to a normal stacked chart then it just shows the total count of records for Group A and Group B for any given month.  I'm looking for the percentages.

Hi @nss1977

Why not create a calcualted measure that shows the percentages of the group (not the sum) and I think that will give you want you need.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

PERFECT!  This worked!  I get the percentage value by creating a measure.  These can now be displayed on a standard stacked column or line chart without any filtering issues.   

My chart displays numbers with a single decimal place.  Is there any way to append a "%" sign to the calculated values shown on the chart and two decimal places?

Hi, Can you show how to do the calculated measure? I am facing the same issue. To hide part of a stacked column without changing the overall percentage. Need help here. Thanks in advance

did you ever figure this out? I'm also looking for a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors