cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

100% Stacked Column Chart Converted to Line Chart

Currently I have 2 charts column and 100% stacked column.

I need to show these as line charts with trend lines.

image.png

The first I can do resonably easy but I cannto figure out how to go about getting the line chart to work as a 100% stacked line chart. Specifically I need to show how many of my incidents are posted status against the monthly total.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @RedTangerine,

Based on my understanding, I create the following sample table.

sample tablesample table
Then I create a 100% sttacked column chart similar with yours, please see the screenshot.

2.PNG

Finally, create a measure using the formula to get the posted status vs total, and transfer the 100% Stacked Column Chart to Line Chart.

posted-percentage = CALCULATE(SUM(Table3[value]),FILTER(Table3,Table3[status]="posted"))/SUM(Table3[value])

If you want to calculate the percentage of unposted, just replace the posted to unposted in the filter of measure.

Create a line chart, select the data as x-axis, the measure as value, you will get expected result.

3.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @RedTangerine,

Based on my understanding, I create the following sample table.

sample tablesample table
Then I create a 100% sttacked column chart similar with yours, please see the screenshot.

2.PNG

Finally, create a measure using the formula to get the posted status vs total, and transfer the 100% Stacked Column Chart to Line Chart.

posted-percentage = CALCULATE(SUM(Table3[value]),FILTER(Table3,Table3[status]="posted"))/SUM(Table3[value])

If you want to calculate the percentage of unposted, just replace the posted to unposted in the filter of measure.

Create a line chart, select the data as x-axis, the measure as value, you will get expected result.

3.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

Thank you.

This was exactly what I needed.

image.png

I changed it a little so that Count was used instead of sum and an extra calculate so that I could multiple by 100

but overall the solution was spot on:

posted-percentage = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(COUNT('riskman incident_fact'[Status (groups)]),FILTER('riskman incident_fact','riskman incident_fact'[Status (groups)]="posted"))/COUNT('riskman incident_fact'[Status (groups)])*100)

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors