Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jaikrit94
Helper I
Helper I

100% Stacked Column Chart Continuity Issue (In terms of months and year)

Hello Everyone,

I am currently updating a report which has several 100% stacked column charts. I update these charts on a monthly basis and everything had been going well until I did the refresh for the month of January 2017. As you can see from the attached image, I have completed the data refresh for all months of 2016. However, when I attempt to refresh for January, then there is a problem with the continuation. 

Can anyone please offer some guidance on how to keep the continuity going without January 2017 combining with January 2016 and so on and so forth? 

Thank you!

Issue_NRC_Custom.JPG

1 REPLY 1
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

For the date field that you are using as the X axis, make sure "Date Hierarchy" is selected, remove Qtr and Day (you'll be left with Year and Month), and then drill to the lowest level of the chart (the two-pronger double-arrow in the top left).  You can then play with the formatting settings of the X axis to have it display how you would like.

drill.PNG

xaxis.PNG

If you have a date table in your model, be sure you use the date field from there.

Hope this helps

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.