Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrecalais
Frequent Visitor

100% STACKED COLUMN CHART WITH NORMAL VALUES, NOT PERCENTAGE

Hello!

I wan't to do a simple task of having a 100% Stacked Column Chart showing values of my dataset normaly instead of %.

Is that possible? I can't find the solution.

Here's an example of what I wan't using Excel:

VITDET.jpg

This chart shows Victory total in blue and Defeat total in red by each law suitcases request.

10 REPLIES 10
ExcelMonke
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think I found the solution to this:

Under the "Format Visual" button, turn on data labels. Under data labels, go to values, and add a custom label (turn it on). For the field select your measure. This worked for me.

So, for my own use case I came up with the following measure:

Value and Percent =
CONCATENATE(COUNT(Table1[ID])," ("&FORMAT('New Measures'[% of Total],"0.0%")&")")

yatinpurohit
Helper I
Helper I

I am struggling with exactly the same issue. Also, exactly same reason I cannot use normal Stacked Chart, don't want to compare 2 columns. 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I have to admit that I do not understand what you mean by 

"... 100% Stacked Column Chart showing values of my dataset normaly instead of % ..."

Why can't you just use a "normal" stacked column chart?

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Because the normal stacked column doenst show the difference in each column, it compares each columns.

My objective is not to compare each column, but to compare the total victory and defeat on each request and see which one I have a major victory or defeat but, instead of %, showing the exact value.

I can show the problem I'm having on the picture below:

DIF VITDEF.jpg

Thank you for answering!

I'm open for ideas.

So, understand!

Just tried the Mekko visual as @andrecalais already suggested, but wasn't able to get the "absolute" value, besides the tooltip. but the tooltip also shows the absolute value for the normal "%stacked column chart"

Could be some line of R code using the ggplot2 package, but then you couldn't use the visual for cross filtering other visuals.

Regards

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

But Tom, would other visuals (like the Slicer for example) change the R coded visual? But not the other way around.

I will also post as a idea for Microsoft to enable other options for values visualization on 100% Stacked Column Chart.

Hey @andrecalais, yes all other viusals (also slicer) would have impact on the R script visual, as the filter down the data that will be passed to the R script visual.

If you provide some sample data (upload a pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link I will give it a "quick" shot 🙂

Regards

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks, Tom!

Unfortunaly I can't provide the data I'm using, I'll try to take sometime and make one with different names and stuff so I can share it.

I'll also try to workaround with R.

I'll leave the post open for people to bring new solutions.

Please, vote the idea for more data label options on 100% Stacked Column Chart

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34255738-enable-more-data-label-o...

Can you verify if "Mekko Chart" from market place satisfy your requirement.

Thanks for the tip but it didn't worked. Victory and Defeat won't stack.

But the visual is good!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.