Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 datasource with 2 different accounts

Hi 

How can I connect to the same datasource with 2 different accounts for 1 report? 

Example: 

Data connection: Web  

Url: http://***.service-now.com 

I have two accounts to access service-now:

account1: has access to data of Customer1
account2: has access to data of Customer2. 

In the report, I need to combine data of both customers. 

When I try to create the second dataconnection (to the same url), it will automatically use the credentials of the first account; I cannot enter the credentials of the second account. 

Any suggestions how to deal with this? 

Thanks in advance,

Emile 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The same scenario as yours, when I secondly connect to the same datasource, it uses previous credential by default. Also, under datasource connection pane, we can only see one record.  

1.PNG

In order to use another account, you should clear the previous permission before creating a second connection. Click the "Clear Permissions" button which has been highlighted in red.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, this works for me! Smiley Happy

All the best, 

Emile 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ThreadRider2000
Regular Visitor

The solution provided breaks the connection from the first account.   How can we use two different accounts to the same datasource since each account accesses a different schema.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The same scenario as yours, when I secondly connect to the same datasource, it uses previous credential by default. Also, under datasource connection pane, we can only see one record.  

1.PNG

In order to use another account, you should clear the previous permission before creating a second connection. Click the "Clear Permissions" button which has been highlighted in red.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft, will clearing the credential cause the first connection to stop working? As I understand the question (and my current need as well): Need to connect to a data source with *more than one* set of credentials. 

Example: 
Server: Server1
Database: Database1
User: domain\user1

Server: Server1
Database: Database1
User: domain\user2

I'd guess this is not possible without some kind of differentiation in the data source parameters. It's worth asking though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, this works for me! Smiley Happy

All the best, 

Emile 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.