Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

0 Value on Ribbon Chart

Ribbon.png

Hello,

I have a ribbon chart (left side) which has a data row for 7/6/19 which has a zero value for all three data points. I would like to have the ribbons drop to the 0 (I realize only one of the ribbons may be left to display) so that we can see that there was no work to do that week.

I realize that the ribbon chart (right side) may be the only solution, however, someone would need to actually look at the dates to realize that there was no work. I know - a radical concept, people actually read the X-axis.

I'm not asking if there is a way to show 7/6 if a data row doesn't exist. Thanks

Data.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous i guess than ribbon chart doesn't show anything for 0 like bar chart but line chart goes to x-axis and go up/down from there for next value. I don't htink there is any solution for this, may be you want to put this as an idea on ideas forum.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lachlanP
Helper II
Helper II

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous what measure you currently used on left side? 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

I don't quite understand the question.

Axis: EndOfWeek

Legend: {Blank}

Values: PC, AC, CL

Hopefully this answers your question

@Anonymous create a measure something like this, seems like you are directly dropping column on values

other suggestion is to unpivot your table and then use legend but without that you can make three measures

PC Total = SUM( Table[PC] ) + 0

AS Total = SUM( Table[AS ) + 0

CL Total = SUM( Table[CL] ) + 0

drop above measures on value. but if you unpivot your table, you just need one measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

The total would still be 0, much like the data in the table.

Regardless, I tried your suggestion but it still leaves the blank for the 7/6 record. On a line chart, the line goes to the 0 point of the chart.

Now if a ribbon chart reacts more like the bar chart, I also get the blank for that date.

@Anonymous i guess than ribbon chart doesn't show anything for 0 like bar chart but line chart goes to x-axis and go up/down from there for next value. I don't htink there is any solution for this, may be you want to put this as an idea on ideas forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

Thanks, I'll see if someone else has a tip or trick for this in the next hour otherwise I'll mark yours as the solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors