12-17-2017 18:58 PM - last edited 01-07-2020 11:29 AM
Are we going to reach the TARGET and receive our bonuses for 2017?
With the year-end approaching, I want to share with my team on a daily basis, how we are scoring against the target, where we can still push, which customer? which product? The target (and bonuses) are within reach!
This Power BI report uses bookmarks and drillthrough to better organize the content, to move fluently between pages, to switch between visuals (toggle) and to drill down Sales Reps, Customers and Products.
- Click on a team member photo to open his/her Sales Rep Bookmark. Identify negative (red) customers.
- Switch between Map and Bar visuals using the Toggle image
- Drillthrough customer (right click on the bar chart) to open Customer Bookmark
- Identify Product opportunities within customer, switch between Scatter and Matrix visuals using Toggle
- On slicer, select UNITS or PROFIT, select PERIOD to understand long and short term trends.
you mean Link option? You will find the Link option under FORMAT IMAGE - ACTION.
In the below example:
1. click 'Biondi' picture
2. select Format Image - Action - Bookmark / Biondi to link 'Biondi' picture to 'Biondi' bookmark
hope it helps. or is your questions really about Title option?
Alternatively to Bookmark you can use DRILLTHROUGH. similar result but faster, you only need to remember to rightclick instead of click. the way I do it:
1. import a table with Names + URL Image link
2. Create Front Page (with names + URL) and Detail Page
3. Setup Drillthrough option on Detail Page
4. rightclick Name to Drillthrough...
Filtered Detail Page opens
hope it helps
In what order did you update your bookmarks? When i update the bookmarks for the toggle function it automaticaly picks up the page level filters (which are for the bookmarks per salesperson)
On top are bookmarks for the pages (individual sales reps), below bookmarks for the toggle (map/bar).
But I think order is not important here. Important is that you correctly set up the 'Data' filters for the two bookmark groups:
hope it helps.
Thanks for sharing this excellent example!
How did you create the KPI? Which visual(s) are you using to compose the KPI (Title, Value, Indicator Symbol)?
Thanks for any insight you can share.
I used the standard Card visual for both KPI and Arrow, and a Chicklet Slicer for the Unit/Profit Selection.
To get the arrow-up (green) / arrow down (red) symbols I used UNICHAR and colored Data Labels green (128315 is by default red).
here are the measures:
hope it helps
no rocket science here. the legend is simply a picture that I created in Power Point, saved as .png and imported into PBI
Fantastic report! I have a question if I may. How do you get to display the selective labels in the cumulative chart? Do you create separate measures for each (MAX or whatever) and add them as values?
Thanks for your help,
glad you like the report.
you can control density of labels in a line chart by adjusting the 'Label density' (Format - Data Labels - Label density)
no need to create separate measures unless you need to highlight specific dates.
hope it helps,
Is the Line graph the Power KPI custom visual by any chance? The default Line Chart Visual in Power BI Desktop (April 2018 version) is lacking the "label density" option.
yes, the 'label density' is a feature of the standard Line Chart.
if you don't see it, try this: adjust your Axis to 'DateID' (day) instead of 'Date Hierarchy'.