The story behind of this report is an attempt to answer the "million dollar question": Is it possible to predict the stock market value of a company?" @PauSempere
, with the data scientist hat, did the experiment gathering data from different sources:
- History of the stock market value metrics of the selected tickers (close value, max, min, volume, moving averages, etc..)
- Financial news (from https://intrinio.com/
- Company related Twitter updates
We used R Server, looking for the best approach to to get the best fit to predict tomorrow’s value and trend.
But all this was experimental, the main purpose of this report is implement the Power BI features focused to data storytelling. We used the following:
- Tooltip pages
- Actionable images / buttons
- DAX (calcs, dynamic text)
How to use it:
This report is designed to be narrated by a speaker, so you may need few indications to follow the same flow:
1) The first page is a lading page where you can click on the company image to start the analysis
2) The company overview page shows a "navigation bar" on the left side where the images will browse to other company (using bookmarks,). Also, there are buttons to change between the charts "Different last closing" and "Social media contributions". Right-clicking on these charts will show the drillthrough options, to get deeper insights
3) Almost all charts have linked tooltip pages
This report has been used couple of times to present sessions to the community. The most relevant in the Power BI User Group event hosted in Dublin this year, 2018.
Feel free to provide any feedback, it would be apreciated.