Visitor

Re: 2018 Summit

Following

Regular Visitor

Following

Frequent Visitor

Looking at the Seattle convention center website my guess is June 3-5 for the dates. Really wish they would make the announcement, I need to get other travel plans locked in. 

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

I am starting to get discouraged it is not going to happen in the US this year...

It sold out the last 2 years and so much interest in the community I am still hopeful...    

Frequent Visitor

Could the event move to the autumn instead of spring like last year? With the Dublin event in April, they may want to give some time before having another big international event.

Frequent Visitor

I don't mean to be harsh, but Microsoft owes this great community a big apology for remaining so silent on this.

My organization sent me to last year's Summit - it was amazing (best learning experience I've taken part in, ever), I learned a lot, and brought back so much - including a plan to mobilize my organization and get everyone up and running using this wonderful application. Since then PowerBI has taken off and is being used throughout my organization; when I left we were at about a dozen installs of the desktop app, and now we're up to 800+. The future is very bright.

As soon as I returned last year I asked senior management to approve attendance for more people to go this year -approved instantly, great! However here we are, March, and no details - not even a confirmation that the event will take place. I, like many in this community, have to follow strict approval guidlines for events like these and if we don't have details within x months of the event or fiscal year end, we simply don't get to go.

I've emailed the organizers and the PowerBI team asking about this year's event - silence. I've also offered to share our experience so far in the Canadian Government at the next event - silence. So many of us have asked here for details about the Summit this year - silence.

It just feels so dissapointing to hear nothing and be told nothing after being so energized and enthusiastic about last year's event and this great product - PowerBI IS a fantastic application and the development team should absolutely be so proud of it. I just wish a tiny fraction of the effort poured into the application were devoted to giving this devoted, enthusiastic community at least some indication about the Summit, even a confirmation of whether or not there will be one.

Sigh Smiley Sad /rant.

Frequent Visitor

The thing that's extra frustrating is there hasnt' even been a stand by for more--or a we're working on it. Just radio silence. Sigh.

Frequent Visitor

I'm at the point where I need to either find a conference to go to while there is still money in the training budget, or don't. If this doesn't get a 3rd iteration, what other conference contains enough Power BI /Data Analytics content that is worth going to? The NAVUG Summit?

Frequent Visitor

...and as much as I'd like to go to Ireland, there's no way city governement is EVER approving that conference. It needs to be one here in the States.