cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator chass
Administrator

Dashboard in a Day

Dashboard in a Day

Dashboard in a Day (DIAD) is a 1 Day hands-on workshop for Business Analysts, covering the breadth of Power BI capabilities.

At the end of the day, attendees will better understand how to:

• Connect to, import, and transform data from a variety of sources
  • Define business rules and KPIs
  • Explore your data with powerful visualization tools
  • Build stunning reports
  • Share your dashboards with your team and/or the world

The last 2 hours of the day are dedicated to the customers bringing their own data, building reports and dashboards on it with the support of their instructor.

If you are attending a future DIAD event please click here to download the content. 

All DIAD workshop assets; presenter deck, demo scripts, step-by-step student Hands-on-Lab and dataset, plus a train the trainer video on how to execute a successful event, are updated monthly by the Power BI engineering team and are offered for free to all MPN Partners.

The DIAD assets are split into 2 parts:

Instructor content: which includes Presentation decks, Demo Scripts and train the trainer material, can be downloaded here. You will need your MSA account tied to your MPN ID to access this content.

Attendee content: which includes the Lab Manual and datasets, can be downloaded here. This content is also hosted on MPN but does not require MPN Access

The guidance for using the content is:

1. Partners cannot make any changes to the dataset.
  2. If partners want to make any changes to the content, then they should brand the event as DIAD.
  3. The person presenting should be very familiar with Power BI and be able to answer any customer questions related to the workshop or Power Bi in general.

We are definitely open to feedback and enhancing the content and would love to hear and take feedback and iterate.

Please send your feedback to diadq@microsoft.com

If you are a customer looking to attend a DIAD, please reach out to your Microsoft representative or check our partner training offers in the Consulting Services Marketplace.

Chuck Sterling
13 REPLIES 13
rshap222 New Member

Re: Dashboard in a Day

Dear Chass,

Thanks for posting! Can you refer me anywhere to the schedule for DIAD training this year? I'm based in Atlanta and would love to do a training since we'll likely be using Power BI in our organization for routine monitoring data.

Best,

Rachel

prestonreynolds Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hey Chuck, 

Is there a location for Flow in a Day or PowerApp in a Day content (If these are even a "thing")? Smiley Happy 

Thanks, @chass!

Preston 

klinejordan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@chass Just confirming this content reflects the Feb 2019 release of PBI Desktop as it looks like the screenshots contain the old modeling view. 

Do you know when the content will be updated for the March 2019 release? Thanks!

maonea Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I saw a notice of a free training in St. Louis in early May that poped in my notificaitons yesterday but gone today.  Can anyone tell me how to get registered for that?

Arunwats Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have registered for the event happening on 10th May 2019 in Gurgaon, India and got the confirmation as well.

I want to check if I can bring 1 guest (My senior) with me to attend the conference.

Regards, Arun

arun.kumar2@compass-group.co.in

Danbobo New Member

Register me please for Diad.

ferrarius Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

FOODIE QUESTION

Will there be light food or refreshments provided? Smiley Happy (Ft. Lauderdale, FL DIAD)

prestonreynolds Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lunch is always provided by the partner who is running the event. Most usually include breakfast as well Smiley Happy

Highlighted
LizBethA Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is there a link available for the updated content?  This material is dated for March and know there are more updates that aren't reflected in the link in this post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

PBI Community Highlights

PBI Community Highlights

Check out what's new in the Power BI Community!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 1,326 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: