Visitor

Re: Dashboard in a Day Content

The TTT-video says that we should NOT brand the event DIAD if changes are made to the content. But here you say: "If partners want to make any changes to the content, then they should brand the event as DIAD.". I guess the wording in this discussion is a mistake? 

Frequent Visitor

I registerd for the May 31st App in a Day event here in Denver, CO.

I received my confirmation email today but the text of the email is in reference to Dashboard in a Day.  Additonally all the preinstall infomration and event downloads directed me here - to Dashboard in a Day.

So my question is - whcih is it? Is the May 31st Denver event App in a Day or Dashboard in a Day?

If it is indeed App in a Day - whom do I contact to get the correct confirmation/event infomration?

Frequent Visitor

I have the same question as mikearmour above.  I heard about the rebranding of App in a Day, but I have not seen any of the content updates for new materials.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Bryan

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am attending the DIAD class this Friday, 6/1.  How necessary is it we install the Microsoft Power BI Personal Gateway?  What are we using it for?  I ask because I am running a 32 bit laptop and it says it requires 64 bit.  Thanks!

Jen 

Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I am in the process of preparing to deliver a DIAD session and noticed the installation instructions for Power BI desktop point to the website.

For UK based users  (I'm not sure about other locales I'm afraid) this may cause a problem; as I raised in this post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/FORMAT-changes-date-ignores-locale-bug-or-feature/m-p/44536...

It seems the Windows Store is "locale aware" whereas the website is not.  

May I recommend you change the training material to reflect this?  I will email this to the team too.

Thank you.

@chass

Frequent Visitor

I am delivering a DIAD session tomorrow and I see errors with two of the CSV files. The USSALES fact table and the same sales table for Australia. Please help!! 

Australia issue.PNGUS SALES issue.PNG

Regular Visitor

I was having the same issue, but it seems Microsoft Power BI team fixed the issue yesterday (August 28). Now I can get all csv files (including Australia and US).

Frequent Visitor

I have heard it mentioned that there might be a self-paced version of Dashboard in a Day, but I don't see anything similar on this website. Does this exist? If so, can you please direct me?

Thank you,

Kelly Young

Chevron Corporation

Frequent Visitor

I have heard mentioned that you might offer a self-paced version of the Dashboard in a Day training, but I can't find anything on your website about this. If this exists, can you please point me to it?

Thank you,

Kelly Young

Chevron Corporation

Regular Visitor

Hi Kelly

EXIA (a Consulting company in Montreal/Canada) has its own Power BI training cursus. One of them being an introduction to Power BI very similar to the DIAD, but deliver on a "guided lab" mode in a classroom. We don't currently have a self-paced DIAD training offer. I am sure you can find some self-paced Power BI training on iether EDx or Microsoft University.