Administrator

Dashboard in a Day Content

[ Edited ]

Dashboard in a day content

Dashboard in a Day

Dashboard in a Day (DIAD) is a 1 Day hands-on workshop for Business Analysts, covering the breadth of Power BI capabilities.

At the end of the day, attendees will better understand how to:

• Connect to, import, and transform data from a variety of sources
  • Define business rules and KPIs
  • Explore your data with powerful visualization tools
  • Build stunning reports
  • Share your dashboards with your team and/or the world

The last 2 hours of the day are dedicated to the customers bringing their own data, building reports and dashboards on it with the support of their instructor.

If you are attending a future DIAD event please click here to download the content. 

All DIAD workshop assets; presenter deck, demo scripts, step-by-step student Hands-on-Lab and dataset, plus a train the trainer video on how to execute a successful event, are updated monthly by the Power BI engineering team and are offered for free to all MPN Partners.

The DIAD assets are split into 2 parts:

Instructor content: which includes Presentation decks, Demo Scripts and train the trainer material, can be downloaded here. You will need your MSA account tied to your MPN ID to access this content.

Attendee content: which includes the Lab Manual and datasets, can be downloaded here. This content is also hosted on MPN but does not require MPN Access

The guidance for using the content is:

1. Partners cannot make any changes to the dataset.
  2. If partners want to make any changes to the content, then they should brand the event as DIAD.
  3. The person presenting should be very familiar with Power BI and be able to answer any customer questions related to the workshop or Power Bi in general.

We are definitely open to feedback and enhancing the content and would love to hear and take feedback and iterate.

Please send your feedback to diadq@microsoft.com

If you are a customer looking to attend a DIAD, please reach out to your Microsoft representative or check our partner training offers in the Consulting Services Marketplace.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Dashboard in a Day Content

I have registered for the event called AIDA and they send a confirmation for an event called DIDA and this link in for download stuff related to the event not sure this is same or they send the confirmation mistakenly.  

Frequent Visitor

I have registered for the event called AIDA and they send a confirmation for an event called DIDA and this link in for download stuff related to the event not sure this is same or they send the confirmation mistakenly.  

Frequent Visitor

Charles,

Where is the link for partners to register to attend the monthly updates per the below:

All DIAD workshop assets; presenter deck, demo scripts, step-by-step student Hands-on-Lab and dataset, plus a train the trainer video on how to execute a successful event, are updated monthly by the Power BI engineering team and are offered for free to all MPN Partners.

Cheers,

I am registered for this class but having trouble signing up for a Power BI account. I have installed Power BI desktop onto my Laptop. Can you assist with the Account issues?
Administrator

Your instructor should help you in getting an account set up. 

Thanks!

Administrator

The updates are automatically applied to the download. 

The partner team does have weekly meetings that as a partner you should be getting invitations for if you are a partner. 

Administrator

As you don't include a link as to what you registered for, I don't know if the class you registered for is related or not

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Where do I register to say that I am intersted in attending the meetings as a partner?

Administrator