cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arifrahman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

weighted calculated of three measures from sensor data

I have three values (Temperature , Humidity and C02) which i would like to sum up in order to provide an air quality score value

the values of temperature are 

cold = less than 21degrees, normal = 21-24, hot = more than 24

Humidity 

Dry = <30% , Good = 30-60%, Humid = >61%

C02

Optimal = <800ppm, Intermediate = 800-1200ppm, Bad = >1200ppm

I would like to create air quality score as a % out of 100, with each metric type providing an equal and fair share to the overall air quality (so in essence 1/3 or 0.333 each) whilst also factorying in the unique rules of how hot or dry or optimal a unit of measurement is respectively according to the above. 

the data i have is sensor data - you can assume the columns are:

Data Type -  i.e temperature, humidity, C02
Measurement - i.e 22(degrees), 77(%), 800(ppm)

Timestamp- i,e 17/07/2019 11.45 (repeated for each measurement that comes in

hope you can help!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: weighted calculated of three measures from sensor data

@arifrahman wrote:

I would like to create air quality score as a % out of 100, with each metric type providing an equal and fair share to the overall air quality (so in essence 1/3 or 0.333 each) whilst also factorying in the unique rules of how hot or dry or optimal a unit of measurement is respectively according to the above. 

Mate, are you asking us to create a metric for you? If you do, then... good luck Smiley Happy We're not here to create business rules but IMPLEMENT THEM IN DAX. So, in essence, we're here to create algorithms for well-defined business problems. Your problem is not well-defined.

Best

Darek

arifrahman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: weighted calculated of three measures from sensor data

i think what i do mean is how do i implement this in DAX. apologies for the poor explanation.

a DAX Formula to calculate on a single column (the sensor measurement) based on the data type column(the sensor metric i.e temp/humidity) , which would then be tranformed into a % 

any help on how this would this be written in DAX would be greatly appreciated.  this is essentially a metric im trying to extrapolate from my data but struggling to formulate it.

if im not phrasing this correctly i do apologise.

cheers!

@darlove 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 310 members 3,226 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: