Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arifrahman
Frequent Visitor

weighted calculated of three measures from sensor data

I have three values (Temperature , Humidity and C02) which i would like to sum up in order to provide an air quality score value

the values of temperature are 

cold = less than 21degrees, normal = 21-24, hot = more than 24

Humidity 

Dry = <30% , Good = 30-60%, Humid = >61%

C02

Optimal = <800ppm, Intermediate = 800-1200ppm, Bad = >1200ppm

I would like to create air quality score as a % out of 100, with each metric type providing an equal and fair share to the overall air quality (so in essence 1/3 or 0.333 each) whilst also factorying in the unique rules of how hot or dry or optimal a unit of measurement is respectively according to the above. 

the data i have is sensor data - you can assume the columns are:

Data Type -  i.e temperature, humidity, C02
Measurement - i.e 22(degrees), 77(%), 800(ppm)

Timestamp- i,e 17/07/2019 11.45 (repeated for each measurement that comes in

hope you can help!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arifrahman wrote:

I would like to create air quality score as a % out of 100, with each metric type providing an equal and fair share to the overall air quality (so in essence 1/3 or 0.333 each) whilst also factorying in the unique rules of how hot or dry or optimal a unit of measurement is respectively according to the above. 

Mate, are you asking us to create a metric for you? If you do, then... good luck 🙂 We're not here to create business rules but IMPLEMENT THEM IN DAX. So, in essence, we're here to create algorithms for well-defined business problems. Your problem is not well-defined.

Best

Darek

i think what i do mean is how do i implement this in DAX. apologies for the poor explanation.

a DAX Formula to calculate on a single column (the sensor measurement) based on the data type column(the sensor metric i.e temp/humidity) , which would then be tranformed into a % 

any help on how this would this be written in DAX would be greatly appreciated.  this is essentially a metric im trying to extrapolate from my data but struggling to formulate it.

if im not phrasing this correctly i do apologise.

cheers!

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors