Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

time intelligence quick measure problem

I have been having a significant issue with time intelligence quick measure function which I can't seem to find a way to fix .
I have been continuously getting that error saying " time intelligence quick measure can only be grouped or filtered by the power bi provided date hierarchy or primary date column"  despite my date  on date dimension is set up in a hierarchy .
autodate function in the power bi main option was already on.

error.pngdate.png

I have tried a few things after googling
1. tried to set the date dimension table  as " mark as date table" and nominated the " date" column to be the date. however this screwed up all my visualisations and I had to start from the beginning basically.
2. I tried to make a new table with a date, year,month and day all in separate column with hiearachy and created a relationship with the sale  fact table to see if that worked  and the visualisation just looked weird . It didn't seem to make sense. I am not sure what I am doing wrong 😞

Would really appreciate if someone could help!
5 REPLIES 5
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, 

As far as I’m concerned, I think you can first try to create a calendar table to connect it to the main table, you can follow this link:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

You can also refer to this solution provided from the Power Bi support in a solved case:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Time-intelligence-does-not-work/td-p/279520

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

According to your DAX code ISFILTERED([Date]), Did you set any filter on your Date column?

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, no filters applied 

Can you swap the True and False codes in the IF formula and check that again?

Is it possible to share the PBIX file [after removing the sensetive data]?

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried removing IF filtered sentence and tried running it but the visual look quite iffy.

I couldn't attach the file here so https://drive.google.com/file/d/11UCq-ZxQiOzeMqCBoIs8aroLqBJ7IApv/view?usp=sharing attached a link here but unsure if that can be accessed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors