Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

slicer not filtering summarize

Hi DAX experts, I am creating a summarizecolum table.. however, i cannot see to get the SLICERS in the dim_date and dim_store to filter the summarizecolumn table. the summarizecolumn table should return 3,004 instead of 9006 after applying slicer... I read somewhere i should use FILTER fn but i cannot work this out.

Capture.JPG

9 REPLIES 9
m3tr01d
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous Why do you need to do this Calculated Table?
What visual are you trying to create?

Anonymous
Not applicable

there is a nother MEasure call "allocated Freight" which come from another table and has only Month and product... This freight needs to be apportion to the 700 x stores x 250 products PROPOTIONATELY acrosss 24 Months = 4.2M row....    The Freight needs t be iterated at each row of 700 stores / 250 products / month using a SUMX...  Summarizecolumn max out at either 100k or 1Mil row..         do you have any solution you can think .. as i am scratching my head

m3tr01d
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous I cannot help you if you don't show me what visual you want to have on the report...

The only information I have right now is that you have a model with Fact table and Dim_date and Dim_store but I don't know what you want to achieve.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i noticed you did a relationship in here.. I have to avoid that.. bcause in my real case example.. my data in 5mil rows and I need to do a SUMX calculation...Summarize table cannot cope with > 1m or 100k rows. Is there anyway we can MAKE the summarizecolumn table interact with the SLICERS WITHOUT  having to creatr a relationship

malcolmwun_0-1627447636394.png

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Picture2.png

summarisecolumntable =
ADDCOLUMNS (
SUMMARIZE ( 'fact', dim_store[Store_id_descrption], dim_date[Fiscal period] ),
"sales", CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'fact'[Sales $] ) )
)

Link to the sample pbix file 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

In my opinion, summarizecolumntable is created as a calculated table and relationships can be created with dim_date and dim_store. Once the relationships are created, I think, then the slicers should work.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

as you can see from my screen shot, it does not work.. have i written the dax incorrect

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share your sample pbix file's link here, then I can try to look into it.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors