Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

previous data

Capture.PNG

Hi all , I have some basic sales data as exampled above -

I would like to be able to slice my data and then for each row have available say for Sales Person - the next product sold - the days till the next sale , quantity of last 5 sales quantity of last x sales etc.

The key to this being I would like do do this after the filter is applied by slicers. So the data calculated for each row would change depending on the slice.

Is this possible? I can do this as calucated colums - but this doesnt take into account the filters (slicers applied by user).

Thanks for any advice. Paul

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the reply - OK I have narrowed the question into just the next sale per salesman and included a couple of outputs I want.

Basically for each salesman what is their next product sold and what is the days differance between sales. (sales can be ordered further by time so there is a definate time order to sales which I omitted for readability) .

Whats is  the next  sale will change depending on other filters. ie for the first output above there is no slice on slicer 1.

In figure 2 we are only interested in slicer 1 = 1 category - so we get a differant answer.

Thanks Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the day of 25/12/2018 for Dave (the 1st table), how do you find the next product? It's not at all clear from your picture since 3 different products were sold on the same day. It could be ANY SEQUENCE of them and it would still satisfy your requirements.

Best
Darek
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I can see you've mentioned TIME as well. Where is it? Can you please put it in there as it's crucial to the understanding of the problem? Thanks.

By the way, a measure would have to be written in such a way that it would only show values if there was only 1 sales person visible in the current context as well as only one product, one day and one time. Otherwise, it would make no sense.

Best
Darek
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture DAX.PNG

Hi I have attached the output wanted again with a time column hopefully its clear what consitutes the next sale? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not clear at all what you want...

Would you please create manually an example of the output you'd like to see? We see the input above but have not seen the output.

Saying stuff like "I would like to be able to slice my data and then for each row have available say for Sales Person - the next product sold - the days till the next sale , quantity of last 5 sales quantity of last x sales etc." is vague, to say the least. In view of the above data, the phrase "the next product sold" does not even have a definite meaning.

Best
D.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors