Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

pass N from LAst N days relative slicer to a measure to count users who DID NOT log in to system

Hi,

I want to use a filter  some way to allow users to select the value for N and filter the measure accordingly:

caculate(count(users),date<=today()-N)

where i want N to be a parameter that can be supplied by user.

If ,the KPI is count of users who accessed system in Last N days,its simple,i use relative slicer and change the N and measure gets filtered accorndingly.Since,it is the negation,i need think i cant say filter/slicer and then do the opposite calculation in the measure.

If it is not possible,am i left with the only way to create measures for each requirement; one for last 7 days,one for last 30 days and so on

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

To let people select a value of N, create a disconnected parameter table that will store all the values of N you're interested in. This table will be used as a slicer. Then create this measure:

[# Users] =
var __today = TODAY()
var __dayOffset = SELECTEDVALUE( ParameterTable[DayOffset] )
var __endDate = __today - __dayOffset
var __numOfUsers =
	CALCULATE(
		COUNTROWS( Users )
		DateTable[Date] <= __endDate
	)
return
	__numOfUsers

If nothing is selected from ParameterTable, __endDate will be equal to TODAY(). For the above to work, you have to have a DateTable that is a proper Date table in the model.

Best
Darek

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

To let people select a value of N, create a disconnected parameter table that will store all the values of N you're interested in. This table will be used as a slicer. Then create this measure:

[# Users] =
var __today = TODAY()
var __dayOffset = SELECTEDVALUE( ParameterTable[DayOffset] )
var __endDate = __today - __dayOffset
var __numOfUsers =
	CALCULATE(
		COUNTROWS( Users )
		DateTable[Date] <= __endDate
	)
return
	__numOfUsers

If nothing is selected from ParameterTable, __endDate will be equal to TODAY(). For the above to work, you have to have a DateTable that is a proper Date table in the model.

Best
Darek

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors