Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mmahachi
Advocate I
Advocate I

max table filter not working

In my calendar table I have 2 columns other than my key date field one is to say 'yes' or 'no' depending on if the period has been closed by accounting and the second to show a user friendly display of the fiscal period. 

I have tried several formuals but most recently this simple one is providing incorrect data and I am not sure why

Last Period Closed = var LastClosed = CALCULATE(MAX('Calendar'[Fiscal Period Display]), FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Calendar','Calendar'[AccountPeriodClosed]),MAX('Calendar'[AccountPeriodClosed])="Yes"))
RETURN
LastClosed

This returns a value of the very last fiscal period (FY30 Sep) in the table which is some 10 years in the future and therefore marked as "no" on the account closed period. 

Why isn't the AccountPeriodClosed filter working in this formula?

Ultimately I need to override some outside page filters so that I can view all the periods and then pick the last one where AccountPeriodClosed = Yes
3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Mmahachi , I need some data to suggest. Try

Last Period Closed =
var _LastClosed = maxx(filter(allselected('Calendar'),'Calendar'[AccountPeriodClosed]="Yes"),[AccountPeriodClosed])

return
CALCULATE(MAX('Calendar'[Fiscal Period Display]), FILTER('Calendar','Calendar'[AccountPeriodClosed] =_LastClosed ))

or

Last Period Closed =
var _LastClosed = maxx(filter(allselected('Calendar'),'Calendar'[AccountPeriodClosed]="Yes"),[AccountPeriodClosed])

return
CALCULATE(MAX('Calendar'[Fiscal Period Display]), FILTER(allselected('Calendar'),'Calendar'[AccountPeriodClosed] =_LastClosed ))

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mmahachi ,

Try this measure.

Last Period Closed =
VAR LastClosed =
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( 'Calendar'[Fiscal Period Display] ),
        FILTER (
            'Calendar',
            'Calendar'[AccountPeriodClosed]
        ) = "Yes"
    )
RETURN
    LastClosed

Regards,
Harsh Nathani
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

@harshnathani  you might want to keep the "yes" inside parenthesis 😄 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors