Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidGolden
Helper I
Helper I

incorrect result position on filtered ranking

Hello, I have recently started to use PowerBI.

We have data for sales within the (Emi_Todas) table, and a related table of sellers (PAS), wich contains data for each seller.  

The sellers table (PAS), whose primary key is MPROD has 2 different subgroups: Group 1: MPROD<45000 and Group2 MPROD>=45000.

I´m currently trying to show the position in the ranking for a specific seller (MPROD) according to total sales [Prima], making a difference whether both groups of sellers are considered or only the first Group is considered.

So, I created two different meassures:

RankingIntermed = RANKX(all(PAS),SUMX(RELATEDTABLE(Emi_Todas),[Prima]))
RankingPAS2 = RANKX(filter(all(PAS),PAS[MPROD]<45000),SUMX(RELATEDTABLE(Emi_Todas),[Prima]),,DESC,Skip)
When I pick a seller from the first group, [MPROD] < 45000, both measseres work fine.
The problem is that when I pick a seller from the second group, [MPROD] >= 45000, RankingPAS2 should result blank, since the meassure should only consider the filtered table [MPROD] < 45000, but instead it returns the value of last position in the overall ranking. 

Could you please help me find the mistake in the expression? Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DavidGolden  

Maybe a different approach then? If you want to return blank when the [MPROD] >= 45000 you can include this in the measure using IF. So IF([MPROD] >= 45000,BLANK(),[Ranking measure])

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DavidGolden
Helper I
Helper I

That´s right.

Since the idea is to insert a slicer in order to chose among sellers, then I had to include MAX/MIN for IF function to work. 

RankingPAS = IF(MAX(PAS[MPROD])<45000,RANKX(all(PAS),calculate(SUMX(RELATEDTABLE(Emi_Todas),[Prima]),PAS[MPROD]<45000),,DESC,Skip),BLANK()) 
Thanks a lot.
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Instead of filtering the PAS table you should focus on chaning the measure logic. Example,
Here I only want to rank products with Category "B" :

RANKX(all('Table (7)'),calculate(SUM('Table (7)'[sales]),'Table (7)'[Category 1]="B"),,DESC)

So place the SUMX in CALCULATE and apply the filter there.

I hope this post helps to solve your issue and if it does consider accepting it as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

Hi @ValtteriN , thanks for the advice. I applied your aproach the the syntax. However, the result is still the same as before.

When chosing a member from a different category, the returned value is not blank, but the last position in the ranking, wich is incorrect.

@DavidGolden  

Maybe a different approach then? If you want to return blank when the [MPROD] >= 45000 you can include this in the measure using IF. So IF([MPROD] >= 45000,BLANK(),[Ranking measure])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors