Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Karolina411
Resolver II
Resolver II

how to tie units to a time productivity matrix by date...like Month to Month, etc

Hello Dax Experts.  I am drawing blanks with this issue:  Every month each employee has 7200 of productivity units and I need to measure their minutes calculated by 7200 each month. I can do that for one month but when I change my filters to 2 months it doubles, then 3 months it triples and so forth..the %expected triples.  I know this is a basic fix but I cannot work it out.

I am just taking the total minutes worked x Productive units then x # employees then dividing it by the 7200 x # of employees so the denominator is where I need help..how do we factor in a time into a static 7200 minutes per month?  Thank you!

Karolina411_0-1652918872059.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Karolina411 , One way is to calculate no of the month

measure

= distinctcount(Table[Month Year]) *7200

Or have this column in your date table

new column = 7200

and use that in measure

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BrianConnelly
Resolver III
Resolver III

You need to create a summary table with division and sum it.  For example:

total minutes worked x Productive units then x # employees then dividing it by the 7200 x # of

MeasureName =
Var summaryTable = SUMMARIZE(table, employee, month, "Worked Minutes", SUM(Minutes),"Division",7200, "Formula", DIVIDE(SUM(Minutes),7200,0))

RETURN SUMX(summaryTable ,[Formula])

I will practice Summary Tables... I used a simpler added DAX from amitchandak but will get to know this approach!  Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Karolina411 , One way is to calculate no of the month

measure

= distinctcount(Table[Month Year]) *7200

Or have this column in your date table

new column = 7200

and use that in measure

thank you so much! this simple added part with the date was what I needed!!  I am so relieved!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors