Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Karolina411
Resolver II
Resolver II

how to tie units to a time productivity matrix by date...like Month to Month, etc

Hello Dax Experts.  I am drawing blanks with this issue:  Every month each employee has 7200 of productivity units and I need to measure their minutes calculated by 7200 each month. I can do that for one month but when I change my filters to 2 months it doubles, then 3 months it triples and so forth..the %expected triples.  I know this is a basic fix but I cannot work it out.

I am just taking the total minutes worked x Productive units then x # employees then dividing it by the 7200 x # of employees so the denominator is where I need help..how do we factor in a time into a static 7200 minutes per month?  Thank you!

Karolina411_0-1652918872059.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Karolina411 , One way is to calculate no of the month

measure

= distinctcount(Table[Month Year]) *7200

Or have this column in your date table

new column = 7200

and use that in measure

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BrianConnelly
Resolver III
Resolver III

You need to create a summary table with division and sum it.  For example:

total minutes worked x Productive units then x # employees then dividing it by the 7200 x # of

MeasureName =
Var summaryTable = SUMMARIZE(table, employee, month, "Worked Minutes", SUM(Minutes),"Division",7200, "Formula", DIVIDE(SUM(Minutes),7200,0))

RETURN SUMX(summaryTable ,[Formula])

I will practice Summary Tables... I used a simpler added DAX from amitchandak but will get to know this approach!  Thank you!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Karolina411 , One way is to calculate no of the month

measure

= distinctcount(Table[Month Year]) *7200

Or have this column in your date table

new column = 7200

and use that in measure

thank you so much! this simple added part with the date was what I needed!!  I am so relieved!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors