Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to find repeated values for same value column but next dates

hello

I have multiple factories that I want to monitor thier production by time...

if the production between 2 next dates for a factory remain the same then this factory has something wrong...

factorydate and hourproduction
A21/09/2019 10:00100
A21/09/2019 12:01100
A22/09/2019 13:02100
A22/09/2019 20:03200
B21/09/2019 10:04200
B21/09/2019 10:05300
C21/09/2019 10:06400
C21/09/2019 10:07400

here for example I have 3 faults

I thought a lot how to do it in dax but it blow my mind.... any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous how come C is red, it doesn't have next 2 days with same value?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @parry2k 

Thank you for replay and sorry if I didnt gaive a right image for you

but let me clearfy a point you said: 2 days

the bussniss say 2 dates e.g. 2 days, 2 months, 2 hours

any next 2 dates for same factory

and about c>> it has 400 for both 10:06 and 10:07

t.png

@Anonymous I'm still not sure when you say "Next" two days.

I think you mean two transactions including current, regardless of date/time. It is safe to say if production value is same as previous transaction of same factory then make it red.

For me "Next" mean, current transaction and 2 next transactions. May be I'm missing something here.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

I think you got the idea...

but 

"I think you mean two transactions including current" YES

"regardless of date/time" NOT 100% true, because the date/time is the unit that I will use to sort the values to know which value is current and which is next

Anonymous
Not applicable

No answers??

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors